Why DHEA First?
- DHEA is the most comprehensive repair signal in the entire body and brain
- DHEA is made primarily in the adrenals and the brain
- DHEA is the most abundant circulating hormone, initiating or contributing to more than 150 repair functions.
- DHEA production peaks during the “prime” of life (age 18 to 30) then starts to decline.
- At age 70, most people are producing only 10 to 15% of what they made at age 25.
- DHEA is safe enough that it was made an over-the-counter hormone in 1994 by the FDA.
- DHEA supplements usually have a shelf life of two years.
- An oral dose of DHEA is fully metabolized within eight hours.
- DHEA supplements come from the Mexican yam plant hormone diosgenin, converted in a laboratory into DHEA.